Criteria for returning an item:
- The return must be logged within 7 days of the item being bought or delivered, whichever is later.
- You must be able to provide proof of purchase
- The item must be in a re-sellable condition except in the case of damaged or faulty items.
- The item must qualify as an item that can be returned. See non-returnable items below.
- The item must be in its original packaging.
- Food or snacks. Except for:
- Hill's, Royal Canin and Eukanuba food items which may be returned if it is unpalatable provided that the bag of food is still at least two thirds full and you have not returned any food item for unpalatability in the preceding 12 months;
- items of food that are damaged prior to receipt;
- where the expiry date on the item precedes the delivery date;
- Treatment products such as Tick & Flea tablets and sprays (except where the expiry date on the item precedes the delivery date)
- Items explicitly marked as non-returnable.
The Returns Process
1. Contact Us
If on receiving your order you are not absolutely happy with your purchase or we have delivered the wrong product or a faulty product, please email or call us on 021 510 0897 immediately.
2. Return the Item(s)
We pride ourselves on our attention to detail but sometimes we get things wrong. If we have delivered an incorrect, faulty or expired item to you, we will arrange to collect and replace or refund the item, at our cost, as quickly as possible.
If you are wanting to return an item because it is unpalatable to your pet, doesn't fit your pet or you have changed your mind and don't want it any more, you will need to arrange to return the item, at your own cost, to either our head office at 13 Dorsetshire Street, Paarden Eiland, Cape Town, 7420 or to one of our branches nationwide.
We reserve the right to charge a 10% administration fee for returned orders should the returns process incur significant administration expenses.
3. Receive a Replacement or Refund
If the return is due to an error on our part we will replace the item or process a refund (where available*) as quickly as possible after receiving the returned product. A refund will typically take a maximum of 10 working days from the date of receiving your returned item, and we will notify you by email when the refund has been processed. Unfortunately we can't send you a proof of payment as this is typically handled by a third party payment processing partner. * IMPORTANT NOTE: Any orders paid for by EFT can not be refunded into your bank account as a result of fraud risk. Instead, an online gift card or points credited to your Pet Parent card can be offered for the amount of the refund value.
4. Repairing an Item
If your product is out of its warranty period, you will incur shipping and repair costs. There will be a minimum fee of R100 to collect and return it to you. The amount you pay will be based on your collection and delivery location. If the product is still under warranty, the collection and return costs will be on us.
Any repairs not covered by warranty will be quoted on for your approval, and we will require payment before any work is done.