FRONTLINE Plus is for the treatment and prevention of fleas and ticks on dogs and puppies from 8 weeks of age. FRONTLINE Plus combines fipronil, the active ingredient in all other FRONTLINE products, with (S)-methoprene, an insect growth regulator. Integrated Flea Control, or IFC, is what sets FRONTLINE Plus apart. IFC refers to a combination of active ingredients working together. Within 24 hours, FRONTLINE Plus migrates all over the pet's body through a process called translocation. The sebaceous (oil) glands just beneath he skin act as a reservoir from which FRONTLINE Plus is slowly and continuously released onto the skin surface, where fleas and ticks come into contact with it. Fipronil works by attacking the nerve cells of fleas, resulting in their becoming disorientated and hyperactive before dying. (S)-methoprene interferes with egg production and hatching of fleas, as well as inhibiting larval development. Consequently, no more pupae are produced, and the flea life cycle is broken. FRONTLINE Plus protects your pet against most disease-causing ticks as well. When you use FRONTLINE Plus, the active ingredients are rapidly distributed through your dog's coat. In addition, FRONTLINE Plus is completely waterproof.
- Acts Fats
- Long lasting.
- Easy to Apply
- Assists in the control of Flea Allergy Dermiatitis (FAD)
- Kills most major species of ticks.
- Aids in the control of sarcoptic mang.
Use only as Directed
- Remove the applicator for packaging.
- Snap off the opening of the applicator.
- Find a spot on your pet's back. You should apply Frontline on your pet's back, directly between your pet's shoulders.
- Apply the Frontline to your pet's skin. Part your pet's fur so you can see its skin. This is very important. To work effectively, Frontline must be absorbed into your pet's skin. It must make direct contact with the skin, and not the fur, to do so.
- Allow the medication to be absorbed on its own. Avoid rubbing the liquid in or spreading it around. It will absorb quickly on its own.
- Keep your pet dry for 48 hours.